Eggs, are so versatile, don't you think. You can poach, fry, scramble them. They can be made savory or sweet.
They are what I call, fast food, the original quick meal & so much better for you.
This is the type of food I love,especially for weekend brunch. On this particular day I made this dish for dinner.
I put this dish on the menu at the last cafe I worked at, before I left professional cooking.I'd label this dish as modern Portuguese, it has all the ingredients the Portuguese love, chorizo, potatoes, coriander & eggs.
- 6 medium potatoes, skin on
- 2 Spanish onions,chopped chunky
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 chorizo, sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 capsicum, cut into chunks
- 2 tea paprika
- 2 tea mixed herbs, dried or fresh
- salt & pepper to taste
- 200ml olive oil
2. Place the potatoes in a baking dish & sprinkle with 1 tea paprika, 1 tea herbs, salt & pepper,coriander stalks & coat the potatoes with 100ml olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20 min at 180 degrees, shaking the pan once in a while.
3. In a bowl add the rest of the ingredients, as well as the rest of the spices, herbs & oil.
4. Add the ingredients to the potatoes & bake till a further 20min.
5. Once cooked add the coriander leaves.
6. Leave in a warm place while you poach the eggs.
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 4 cups water
- 50ml white vinegar
2. Crack your eggs into the water & cook for 1 1/2 min, your eggs will be soft if you want it harder then cook a further 1 min.
3. Place the potato & chorizo mix on a plate & then top your egg on top.