The famous Bom Jesus. I've been here several times, the baroque stairs are a sight to be seen.
Northern country side, taken from the car window
- 2kg rolled pork shoulder
- 200ml olive oil
- 1 tab paprika
- 1 tab mixed dried herbs
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tab salt
- 8 potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/4 piece (or 3 cups) pumpkin, deseed & cut into chunky pieces
- 2 medium brown onions, cut into thick rounds
- 1/2 cup white wine
2. Peel the potatoes & cut into chunks, then leave aside. De seed the pumpkin & cut into chunks, leave the skin on if you like, add it to the potatoes. Peel the onions & cut them into round chunks, set aside.
3. Add the potatoes & pumpkin to the rest of the marinade mixture & toss the vegetables.
4. In a roasting tray add the pork shoulder then add the vegetables scattering them around the pork. Place into a medium heat oven 170- 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
Serve with the pan juices.
- Check after 50 minutes to see if the pork is cooked, if it is remove it & place covered in a warm place.
- The reason I add the onions at a later time instead of straight away is that it takes less time to cook.
- If the meat is cooked & the vegetables aren't, remove the pork & keep cooking the vegetables.